US District Judge Emmet Sullivan is allowing Judicial Watch to depose six US officials under oath, mostly Clinton’s former aides, as part of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, on the following dates:
- May 18: Former deputy assistant secretary of state Lewis Lukens will be interviewed on May 18.
- May 27: Clinton’s former chief of staff Cheryl Mills.
- June 3: Stephen Mull, former State Department executive secretary.
- June 6: Bryan Pagliano, Clinton’s former computer technician who managed her private server.
- June 28: Huma Abedin, Clinton’s former deputy chief of staff.
- June 29: Patrick Kennedy, the State Department’s under secretary for management since 2007 until current.
Judicial Watch can interview each witness for up to seven hours, and the video of the interviews can be made public several days later. The questioning will be limited, but includes the issue of how Clinton’s private server was set up and managed, and why the State Department didn’t properly fulfill FOIA requests for Clinton’s emails. (The Wall Street Journal, 5/17/2016) (Judicial Watch, 5/17/2015)